Friday 20 May 2011

Yo, Blue! I see you!


Last evening, I found this male Common Blue Damselfly roosting alongside a track through the nature reserve near Great Linford.

As usual in these situations, the insect would shimmy around the stalk, to keep as much (or as little!) vegetation between me and him. There followed a short choreographed sequence of to-ing and fro-ing by the pair of us, until I could see enough of the damselfly to make an ID. After taking this photo, I left him in peace, both of us struggling to fathom the comedic potential of a blade of grass.

2 comments:

holdingmoments said...

I like this shot Graeme; the eyes either side of the grass. :)

Imperfect and Tense said...

Damselflies roosting in long grass have obviously watched many cartoons where one protagonist or another improbably hides behind a lamp post!