Thursday 10 March 2011

Unsticky situation

At work today, a colleague was busy building and testing a piece of equipment in one of the workshops. I was at the other side of the room, checking on shortages in another kit, when I needed his advice about one particular component.

Not looking up, or turning round, I blithely asked my question, to be answered by some rather fruity language.

My colleague was attempting to fix an item in place with super glue, but I had spoken at just the wrong moment and as he turned to answer me, he missed the opportunity to hold the item stationary for those vital few seconds to allow the glue to set.

Still blithely unaware of the situation and more than used to the odd expletive creeping into the conversation, I repeated my question, only for the same thing to happen again. More swearing, fortunately directed at the glue and not me.

Finally I cottoned on to what was happening and allowed my colleague the chance to finish his adhesive task, before commenting,

"Is that solvent abuse, do you think?"

Sorry, Captain Sundial :o(