Cunningly, Our Lass had scoped out a suitable shed during a local gardening show in May, so all that was now necessary was to decide where to locate it and place an order.
The most appropriate site appeared to be in the lee of the house, offering protection from westerly gales, and not too far from the back door to the garage. The only down side of this plan was that our rotary airer would need to move. We measured out a suitable new site for the airer (see left hand pile of old carpets and tyres) and then tried to shift the airer pole. It didn't budge an inch, no matter what the instructions said about it being possible to remove it from its ground socket and relocate to a new socket (already ordered over the internet). We decided to see if the shed supplier/installer had better ideas or heavier tools to shift the pole.
Installation day arrived, as did an afternoon of persistent rain, and play was suspended for the day without much progress.
The following day brought more benign weather and, in the late afternoon, we returned from work to discover the new shed fitted in position. The airer pole had to be dug out, and its relocation has zoomed to the top of the 'To Do' list.
Our Lass set about moving in to the shed, and I set about tidying the garage as the horticultural paraphernalia was removed. A bit of a win/win scenario, I guess.