Saturday 30 April 2016

Working those angles

Day 3 of my inadvertent 'Feed a Finch' campaign...

There's 6 Linnets in the wildlife triangle now, and probably considerably less than 120g of wild flower seed. I'm thinking that perhaps that wasn't £8 well spent.

Looking on the bright side, I hear snatches of Linnet song every so often, and at quite close quarters.

Now that I think about it, it's 3 years and 600 miles since we stopped putting out food for the birds in Milton Keynes (so as to wean them off their dependence upon us before our departure northwards). And I used to whinge about paying £20 for a 12.5kg bag of sunflower hearts... seems like a bargain now!

2 comments:

Sian said...

I have to cover any seed I plant with netting till they pop their heads more than an inch above ground. Predator of choice in my garden seems to be of the poultry variety. Though my feline fellow gardener is happy to continue the flattening into the ground process well after they are inches tall.... Monty Don she is not....

Imperfect and Tense said...

I'd always thought of Button as more of a Sarah Raven.