Tuesday 16 June 2015

Daucus carota - it's a tonic

The call of the keyboard has been less strident of late. Or perhaps now that our holiday is over and dimly remembered at an ever-increasing remove, the more normal humdrum noise of life just drowns out the creative sounds.

During the intervening time, I've tried to start a few blogposts, even managing several paragraphs with one attempt, but my heart wasn't in it.

But, today, I recalled a photo I had taken whilst journeying through Torridon, so I thought I might gently breathe a few kindling words over it, to bring a smouldering desire to flame.

Now, which jewel in wildlife's crown could drag me from this apathetic torpor? Which exquisite species would be able to banish the blues and bring some boyish enthusiasm back to my world?

Pasqueflower?

Azure Hawker?

Golden Eagle?

Pine Marten?

Killer whale?


Take a bow if you said "Carrot cake!"

Mind you, the view from the cafe was pretty special too.


I've said it before, but if you're ever in Torridon, it would be worth your while visiting the village shop!

No comments: