Friday 13 February 2015

Date night

Nope, this isn't a pre-Valentine ritual, honest.

The idea for this post was triggered by an article I read this morning on the BBC News website, regarding the date. Although, to be more precise, the day of the week and the day of the month .

Here's the article.

This day and date, or at least, any Friday the thirteenth, does have some significance for me personally. Not for superstitious reasons, but for the fact that I was born on a Friday the thirteenth.

I touched upon this topic a few years ago, in an anniversary post.

And, oddly enough, when taking my 'A' Levels, way back in the mists of time, my reference number was... oh yeah... 13.

One could be forgiven for a certain amount of doom-laden prophecy and a peedie bit of tenseness, I reckon.

But no, I am blessed with a wonderful family, I share the planet with a host of fantastic species and, whilst the family 'clan' motto is rumoured to be Non sine periculo (Not without danger), go on... tell me... what isn't in this life?

Don't have nightmares!

2 comments:

Katie (Nature ID) said...

Ooh, this non leap year started on a Thursday, so there'll be 3 Friday the 13ths. Cool.

Imperfect and Tense said...

LOL! Fortunately, the number three doesn't come with a load of symbolism... oh, hang on a minute...